over buying starts at the nursery, including:
2. Big Variety – Your local nursery will sell dozens of varieties of tomato seeds – but likely only a couple of varieties of tomato plants. Experiment and grow what you LOVE!
3. Best Flavor – starting seeds at home lets you save heirloom seeds from your favorite, juiciest harvests and grow them at home year after year. Start a family tradition! Share favorites with friends!
4. Big Harvests – The ability to transplant seedlings to the garden as soon as weather allows gives you a serious jump on the gardening season.
5. Big Color – The Garden Starter System is great for starting flowers too. Replace expensive store-bought bedding plants with starts you’ve nurtured from seed.
6. Big Fun – It’s just plain rewarding to watch seeds sprout indoors and grow, nurtured in ideal conditions, then watch those seedlings take root in an outdoor garden – producing pound after pound of zucchini, melons, spinach, and everyone’s favorite – garden fresh tomatoes.