Back to Top
TIP OF THE WEEK
Top Tips for Great Growth
- Set your Light Hood/Grow Lights to the lowest position when starting a new Seed Pod Kit.
- Always keep your Grow Lights as close to your plants as possible, taking care to trim back the tallest plants so they do not actually touch the Grow Lights. As they mature, plants should be 1 - 2 inches below Grow Lights.
- Replace your CFL Grow Lights every 6 months for maximum growth and harvests. LED Grow Lights have a 3 - 5 year life span.
- Be brave enough to prune. Pruning promotes greater health, larger harvests, and more beautiful plants.
- Plants will grow into each other’s space and block light. To keep all plants in your garden healthy, trim back the leaves from the sides of the plant.
- Harvest frequently to maintain a healthy garden, but take no more than 1/3 of any plant at a time.
- For best growth, keep water level near the fill line. Don’t wait for the ‘Add Water’ alert!
- AeroGarden plants love a fresh water bath! For extra care, you may empty the water out of your bowl every other feeding time (once monthly) and refill with fresh cool water and then add nutrients.