This fresh and spicy dip is great for any summertime BBQ or picnic. It's simple, quick, and almost all the ingredients you can grow in your AeroGarden. So next time someone asks you to bring a side dish to their party, you don't even need to think twice, this Texas Caviar will have everyone asking for more.
- 3 16-oz cans black-eyed peas, drained and rinsed of all juice
- 2 16-oz cans corn, drained
- 1 small jar chopped pimentos, juice included
- 1 bunch scallions, thinly sliced, green part only
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worchestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 bunch fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 fresh jalapeño chiles, chopped
- 1 cup diced cherry tomatos
- 2 cups vinaigrette
- 1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, pressed or minced
- 1 avocado, diced
- In a large bowl, stir all ingredients very well. Refrigerate for at least 4-6 hours, preferably overnight, in a sealed or covered container. Remember the longer it sits, the better it gets!
- Serve with old-fashioned saltine crackers or with corn tortilla chips.
Recipe From: Epicurious