This salad highlights the many green herbs that you can grow in your AeroGarden. This salad is a crunchy, flavor packed salad great for this upcoming Fall.
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 1 cup raw shelled pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 pounds carrots, peeled, shaved lengthwise into ribbons with a vegetable peeler
- 1 bunch radishes (approximately 10 radishes), thinly sliced on a mandoline or with a sharp knife
- 4 cups (packed) mixed herbs, such as parsley, cilantro, dill, mint, tarragon, and/or basil
- 1/2 cup chopped chives
- Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in a medium skillet over medium. Add pumpkin seeds and cumin and cook, stirring, until lightly toasted and fragrant, 4–5 minutes. Transfer to paper towels, season with salt, and let cool.
- Whisk lemon juice, honey, pepper, and 3/4 tsp. salt in a medium bowl until honey dissolves. Slowly whisk in remaining 3 Tbsp. oil until emulsified.
- Toss carrots and radishes with dressing in a large bowl, then fold in herbs, chives, and half of the pumpkin seeds. Top salad with remaining pumpkin seeds. Taste and season with salt and pepper if necessary.
- Do Ahead
- Dressing can be made 5 days ahead. Chill in a resealable container.
Recipe from: Epicurious