You have heard of sautéed spinach, but have you ever heard of sautéed kale? This quick and easy sautéed kale recipe makes for an excellent nutrient-rich side dish or appetizer. These greens contain plenty of vitamins, fiber and powerful antioxidants that are great for detoxifying your body and keeping your liver healthy!
- 8 cups (packed) kale, center ribs and stems removed, leaves coarsely chopped - any variety of kale will do, go with your favorite
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3/4 cups chopped sweet yellow onion
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Generous pinch of dried crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt or fresh minced garlic and salt.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and then toss in the kale. Cook until wilted, about 5 minutes. Transfer to colander and drain.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add onion and sauté until soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in smoked paprika, crushed red pepper and garlic; sprinkle with salt. Add kale and sauté until heated through, about 4 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper and more smoked paprika, if desired. Transfer to serving bowl; drizzle with remaining 1 tablespoon oil and serve. Goes great with poultry or even with some eggs for breakfast!