An enticing, fun summer dish, this Pesto Chicken Tortellini recipe makes your mouth water and is simple to make. Better yet, you can add homemade freshness to this recipe by making the pesto by hand with AeroGarden-grown basil and with cherry tomatoes picked right from your AeroGarden! Buon appetito!
-- 2 tablespoons olive oil
-- 1 lb chicken thighs boneless and skinless, sliced into strips
-- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes drained of oil, chopped
-- 1 lb asparagus ends trimmed, cut in half
-- 1/4 cup basil pesto or use more
-- 1 cup cherry tomatoes yellow and red, halved
-- 1 cup tortellini uncooked
- In a large skillet heat 2 tablespoons olive oil on medium heat.
- Add sliced chicken thighs (seasoned with salt), 1/4 cup of chopped sun-dried tomatoes and cook everything on medium heat for 5-10 minutes, turning chicken slices over a couple of times, until the chicken is completely cooked through.
- Remove the chicken and the sun-dried from the skillet, leaving the oil in.
- Add asparagus (ends trimmed), seasoned generously with salt, and 1/4 cup of sun-dried tomatoes to the same skillet.
- Cook on medium heat for 5-10 minutes until the asparagus is cooked through. Remove the asparagus to a serving plate.
- Cook tortellini according to the package instructions, drain.
Add cooked chicken back to the skillet. Add basil pesto. Stir to coat and cook on low-medium heat until the chicken is reheated, 1 or 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add cooked tortellini and halved cherry tomatoes to the skillet with the chicken. Stir to combine. Add more pesto if desired.
- Season with more salt if needed.
- Add chicken, cherry tomatoes and tortellini to the serving plate with asparagus.
You can grow some ingredients in this recipe from these Seed Pod Kits:
Courtesy of Julia's Album.