Is It Time To Clean Your Garden?
Before starting a new Seed Pod Kit, you’ll want to clean your garden for a fresh start. Do Not throw away your filter by accident! It's easy to do when removing plant roots.
Start by dismantling your garden:
While you are doing maintenance on your garden, you may want to consider using Airstones. This will give your plants an oxygen boost for better growth! Note: Airstones are for use in all aerator/bubbler models.
After each planting, you should clean and sanitize your AeroGarden to reduce the risk of root pathogens that can destroy your crop. AeroGarden Hydroponic No-Rinse Cleanser
- Fill the bowl with water and add ¼ cup of chlorine bleach
- Let the water pump or aerator circulate the bleach solution for 5 minutes
- Empty the bleach solution, rinse well, and then fill with clear water (no bleach)
- Allow the pump or aerator to circulate the clear water for 5 minutes
- Empty and rinse once more to ensure that all bleach is rinsed from bowl
Or without bleach:
Add 5 cups of distilled white vinegar (instead of ¼ cup chlorine bleach) and follow instructions above.