GRILLED BREAD WITH RICOTTA & TOMATOES
- 1 garlic clove
- Kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3/4 pound assorted small tomatoes (such as cherry, Sun Gold, or green), halved, quartered if large
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 8 3/4"-thick slices country-style bread
- 1 cup (loosely packed) coarsely chopped mixed tender herbs (such as basil, parsley, small dill sprigs, and/or chives)
- 10 ounces whole-milk ricotta
Finely chop garlic, sprinkle with a pinch of salt, then mash with the side of knife to a fine paste. Transfer to a medium bowl and whisk in vinegar and 2 tablespoons oil. Add tomatoes; season with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Let sit, tossing occasionally, at least 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, prepare grill for mediumhigh heat. Brush both sides of bread with remaining 4 tablespoons oil and grill until lightly charred, about 2 minutes per side.
Just before serving, toss herbs with tomato mixture. Spread ricotta on toast and top with tomato mixture; cut toast in half.
Do ahead: Tomato mixture (without herbs) can be made 12 hours ahead. Cover and chill.
Courtesy of Epicurious