Garlic Rosemary Whole 30 Meatballs
Meatballs are just so satisfying, when done right. That winning combination of flavors melts in your mouth and is the cornerstone of many iconic meals. Use this unique recipe with your pasta, in a meatball parm bake, or even in mac 'n' cheese! Even better, add your own brand of freshness by growing the rosemary in your AeroGarden, right from your kitchen!
- 1 Lb Ground Beef
- 1 Lb Ground Pork
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1/4-1/2 Cup Almond Meal*, (or breadcrumbs for non Whole30)
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Pepper
- 3 Garlic Cloves, (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon Chopped Fresh Rosemary
- Extra Garlic Cloves and Rosemary for Roasting Dish
- Preheat oven to 400ºF
- Mix all ingredients together. Be sure not to over-mix to prevent tough meatballs.
- Roll mixture into balls (approximately the size of golf balls). Wet hands with water during the process to prevent meat from sticking to hands. Transfer to a greased baking dish.
- Tuck whole garlic cloves and rosemary sprigs down in between meatballs.
- Bake at 400ºF for 25-30 minutes (depending on size). Broil on high 3-4 minutes to brown tops.
Wonky Wonderful adds a couple of notes:
-- For extra lean ground meats use 1/4 cup almond meal to avoid dry meatballs.
-- Makes 18-20 meatballs depending on size. Nutrition info is based on approximately 4 meatballs per serving.
Courtesy of Wonky Wonderful.
You can grow the rosemary in this recipe right from your AeroGarden at home with these Seed Pod Kits: