- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1 lb sliced fresh mushrooms (a variety of white button, crimini and oyster works well)
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- ½ cup minced fresh parsley
- ½ cup minced fresh savory leaves
- 1 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 (14½-oz) can beef broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 Tbsp minced fresh herbs for garnish
Preparation Makes about 4 cups
In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Add mushrooms, onion, parsley and savory.
Cook, stirring often, until mushrooms are soft and liquid has almost evaporated. Stir in flour and blend in broth. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
Purée mixture in blender or food processor. Add heavy cream, heat through and serve warm in soup bowls.
Garnish with fresh herbs.