Back to Top
Cold seasons approach and with them, good times indoors with friends and family, enjoying comfort food next to a fireplace while the snow falls quietly outside. Here is a recipe that you can use for your next meal - and you can use fresh parsley and thyme right from your AeroGarden! Remember, with your AeroGarden, you can add your brand of freshness to your recipes, even in the fall and winter! How's that for comfort?
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 large carrots, peeled and sliced into coins
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 3/4 lb. baby potatoes, quartered
- 3 cups chicken broth
- Freshly chopped parsley, for garnish
- In a large pot over medium heat, melt butter. Add carrots and celery and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often, until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add flour and stir until vegetables are coated, then add chicken, thyme, bay leaf, potatoes, and broth. Season with salt and pepper. Bring mixture to a simmer and cook until the chicken is no longer pink and potatoes are tender, 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and transfer chicken to a medium bowl. Using two forks, shred chicken into small pieces and return to pot.
- Garnish with parsley before serving.
Courtesy of Delish.com
You can grow the thyme and parsley in this recipe right from your AeroGarden with these seed pod kits:
Thyme and Parsley: