Back to Top
Cayenne Corn Bread
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup unbleached all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1/4 cup (or more) buttermilk, room temperature
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted, cooled
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (about 4 ounces) lightly packed grated cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 425°F. Brush cast-iron corn stick molds with vegetable oil and place in oven. Mix yellow cornmeal, unbleached flour, dark brown sugar, baking powder, salt, baking soda and cayenne pepper in large bowl. Whisk 1 1/4 cups buttermilk, butter and egg in small bowl. Mix into dry ingredients. Stir in grated cheddar cheese. Add more buttermilk if necessary to thin to just pourable consistency. Fill corn stick molds with batter. Bake corn sticks until tester inserted into centers comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Cool in pans 10 minutes. Using tip of small sharp knife, gently lift corn sticks from molds. Serve warm.
Recipe from: Epicurious
This entry was posted in Recipes and tagged aerogarden, fresh, summer, bbq, fathers day, cornbread, cayenne, spicy on June 4, 2018.