Banana Pepper Poppers
We harvested these beautiful banana peppers from one of our Farm Plus AeroGardens yesterday. There were at least 3 dozen peppers growing on one plant! We had a brilliant idea on what to do with this colorful harvest. Make jalapeño poppers, but with banana peppers instead. Yum!
We were wondering if they would be spicy because they had turned red, but no, they were perfectly mild. If you like spicy, we recommend adding some Sriracha into the mix.
serving size 2 people
- Banana peppers - 7
- Cream Cheese - 1/4 cup
- Shredded Cheese - your choice, I had Jack cheese 2 Tablespoons
- Red onion (or yellow) - 2 Tablespoons diced
- Bacon! 3-7 strips
- Preheat oven to 450. Line a baking sheet with tin-foil.
- Rinse the banana peppers, then slice off the top, slice in half, and take out all the seeds. Set aside
- In a bowl, combine the cream cheese, shredded cheese, and diced onion.
- Grab one half of a banana pepper and spoon in the cheese mixture. Place the other half on top and make sure they close back together. Wrap with bacon.
- Place all wrapped peppers on your prepared baking sheet. Cook for 10 minutes, flip them over, and cook for another 10 or until bacon is done.
- Eat right away!