Back to Top
Baked Three-Cheese Onion Dip with Chive and Pepperoncini
- When great dips get together, it’s magic. This recipe boasts all the beauty of a creamy onion dip with the irresistible appeal of queso, perfect to bring to Super Bowl Sunday! Bonus you can add in your own AeroGarden herbs to add your own touch of uniqueness.
- Serves 8
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- Kosher salt
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4 ounces sharp white cheddar, coarsely grated (about 1 cup), divided
- 2 ounces Monterey Jack, coarsely grated (about 1/2 cup), divided
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped chives - From your AeroGarden
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pepperoncini
- Crackers and/or tortilla chips (for serving)
- Preheat oven to 375°. Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium. Cook onion, stirring occasionally, until golden brown and softened, 8–10 minutes; season with salt. Let cool.
- Pulse cream cheese and mayonnaise in a food processor until smooth.
- Toss cornstarch, 3/4 cup cheddar, and 1/4 cup Monterey Jack in a medium bowl to coat cheese. Mix in cream cheese mixture and cooked onion; season with salt and pepper. Scrape into a 1-qt. baking dish and top with remaining cheddar and Monterey Jack. Bake dip until golden and bubbling, 20–25 minutes. Let dip cool 5 minutes, then top with chives and pepperoncini. Serve with crackers.
Image and Recipe from: Epicurious