Baked Brie Cranberry in Bread Bowl
Thanksgiving is right around the corner and it's just about that time to start growing your treasured Thanksgiving herbs! That's right, get excited to smell pies baking in the kitchen, the aromas of thyme, rosemary, and other holiday classics that create your assemblage of recipes. Here's a recipe to start you off!
-- 1 bread boule round loaf of rustic bread
-- Cooking spray
-- 1 wheel of brie about 12 ounces, top of rind removed
-- 1/2 cup cranberry sauce
-- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice off the top quarter of the bread. Place the wheel of brie on top of the bread and use a knife to trace a circle around it. Scoop out the inner circle of the bread.
- Place the bread on the parchment paper. Spray the cooking spray on the outside of the bread. Cut slices all around the edges of the bread, about 1-2 inches apart. Be careful not to cut all the way down. This will create the removable slices for eating after it’s baked.
- Place the brie in the emptied out bread crevice. Add ½ cup of cranberry sauce and sprinkle with thyme, and bake in the oven until the bread is toasted, about 25 minutes.
- Serve immediately while cheese is melty.
You can grow the thyme leaves right from your AeroGarden with these Seed Pod Kits:
Courtesy of Feel Good Foodie.