Bacon Wrapped Jalapeño Poppers
This appetizer is a big crowd pleaser and has the perfect flavor combination of heat, creaminess, and salty bacon. Plus, it's gluten free!
- 6 jalapeños peppers
- 1 8oz block cream cheese (chilled)
- 6 thick slices of bacon
- Soak toothpick in water.
- Cut jalapeños in half lengthwise and scrape out the seeds using a spoon.
- Rinse jalapeños and set aside to dry.
- Cut a chilled block of cream cheese into long cubes matching size of jalapeños cavity. (Chilled cream cheese helps it from boiling over in oven).
- Lay thick bacon down on cutting board and cut in half. Wrap bacon around stuffed jalapeños. (Thick bacon from your butcher is recommended because it holds up better in the oven).
- Secure the bacon with a wet toothpick or two. (Wet toothpicks prevent from burning in oven).
- Line baking pan with tinfoil for easy clean up and place a cooling rack in pan on top of tinfoil. This keeps the wrapped jalapeños out of the grease.
- Place wrapped jalapeños on a baking rack, evenly spaced apart.
- On the middle oven rack, broil for approximately 10 minutes. Flip jalapeños broil for another 5 to 10 minutes.
- Keep an eye on it to prevent from burning. Cook until the bacon is done to your liking.
Start a Jalapeño garden this month!
Tip: Wear gloves when preparing hot peppers and wash hands before touching your face to avoid burns. How to treat pepper burns go here.