How to create your own programming of the lights and pump on the Classic 7, the Extra, the Extra Elite, the Deluxe, and the Pro series:
- Plug your AeroGarden into an external timer and plug the timer into a wall outlet.
- Set the plant selection to "Advanced Features", "Live Plants", or "Strawberries" (your AeroGarden will have ONE of these; they are functionally identical).
- Push and hold the Select button until the LED by the plant selection begins to blink.
- Immediately when it starts blinking, release the “Select” button. The lights and pump will now be on 24 hours per day.
- Set the external timer to go on and off when you want, following the directions that came with it.
How to override the programming of the light cycle only - all AeroGardens:
- Unplug the lamp cord from the hood.
- Connect the hood to an external power cord.
- Connect the power cord to an external timer plugged into a wall socket
- Set the external timer to go on and off when you want, following the timer directions